"Cabbage Soup" done.....
It has been quite a while since I posted anything here so I'm happy to say that I have now have finished my "Cabbage Soup" and here it is.
8 x 11 on Bristol Vellum using Polychromos and Prismacolors.
Thank you so much Neisdri Welsh for the use of your photo.
Trying to recreate all the subtle shades and nuances of the cabbage was not quite as challenging as it might look. The most difficult part was making sure I got that sun-drenched feel of the leaves. I did that by laying down in all the glowing areas a layer of Light Cadmium yellow and then proceeded to add all the grays, blues and greens.. All in all I think it turned out quite well.